Monday, September 8, 2008

Perspective

I seem to have a lot on my mind these days so I thought I would start to share them here on a more regular basis. This morning I was reading some bathroom material, which in our house is Popular Mechanics and found the following quote from an article about building your own blimp (I'm telling you, you never know what we are up to at our acreage). Here's the quote:

"Perceiving the world from above is a quieting sensation. Normally, quiet has to do with hearing. The other kind of quieting comes from a change of perspective." Brian Boland, hot-air-blimp inventor

I wonder if Brian Boland will ever "google" himself and come across our blog? Hi Brian. I find this quote interesting on so many levels. Sometimes I find myself so caught up in what is going on around me, that I need the quieting that comes from a change of perspective. There is peace in that... perceiving the world from above.

Another point of interest from the article is that Boland uses beer as weight for his blimp because he says they are just the right weight and "you never know when you'll need a beer."

No comments: